Policy and Planning
Student-Focused Funding Model
Funding Model Presentations
- March 23, 2018 Commission Meeting Presentation
- August 24, 2018 Commission Meeting Presentation Revised version posted 8/25/2018
- September 17, 2018 Legislative Interim Presentation
Funding Model Proposal Evaluation Report
- A copy of the report detailing the findings from the independent assessment of the funding formula proposal conducted by HCM Strategists / Lumina Strategy Labs is available here.
Comment Period – March 23 to April 27, 2018
The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission accepted formal written comments on the proposed Student-Focused Funding Model from March 23, 2018 to April 27, 2018.
Public comments are available for review using the following link:
Funding Formula Public Comment File (PDF) UPDATED 11/01/2018
- Comments received after the close of the public comment period were added to the comment document on 8/23/2018. See Section III of the document for new comments.
Questions or Additional Information
For questions or additional information on the proposal, contact Dr. Chris Treadway, Senior Director of Research and Policy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (304) 558-1112.
Higher Education Sustainability Study Report (August 2018)
The Higher Education Policy Commission engaged the National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS) in a research study on the sustainability of the state’s public four-year regional institutions. The work was funded with a generous grant from the Benedum Foundation. A copy of the NCHEMS report is available here.
Policy and Planning Report Archives
View archived reports and publications from the Division of Policy and Planning.
West Virginia Higher Education Report Card
Comprehensive Financial Aid Report
Summary of Financial Aid Programs
Institutional Aid Supplement
Federal Aid and Student Loan Supplement
West Virginia College-Going Rates by County and High School
Academic Readiness Report
High School Senior Opinions Survey
ACT High School-to-College Success Reports
From Higher Education to Work in West Virginia
West Virginia College Completion Task Force
Statewide Task Force on Textbook Affordability
PROMISE Scholarship Ad-Hoc Advisory Committee
Institutional Data & Information
Services for Students with Disabilities
Headcount Enrollment at West Virginia Private Institutions of Higher Education by Level and Attendance
Headcount Enrollment at West Virginia Public and Private Institutions of Higher Education by Residence, Attendance, and Gender
Certificates and Degrees Conferred (5-year trend)
Program Offerings at WV Higher Education Institutions
Calendar of Due Dates – UPDATED 10/29/2018
- The calendar of due dates was updated on October 29, 2018 to reflect the temporary suspension of the Human Resources Report Card data submission.